Please refer to the Locations page for directions and a map.
In past years work has mainly been confined to litter picking and keeping the paths clear. Our main project for 2014 is to remove Spanish bluebells with a view to replacing them with English bluebells. In January we dug out some shrubs, tidied the laurel cut down previously and cleared a patch of ivy to create a clearing for bluebells. Over the following three months we removed a total of eighteen bin bags full of Spanish bluebells. Some of the bulbs are up to a foot deep and are not always easy to dig up. Although we have made good progress there are a lot more Spanish bluebells to be removed and this is likely to be an annual job for the foreseeable future.
More clearance is required. We need to tidy fallen branches and we have found some more laurel that needs to be removed along with some of the sycamore and ash saplings.